Welcome, Friend!
I so blessed that you stopped by for a visit! Make yourself at home.
My goal is to share some "Words of Wisdom"with you and I hope you will share with me by leaving a comment.
Blessings to you from Grammy!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

LESSONS FROM THE GARDEN

My family(consisting of my husband and me,our kids and our grand kids) has a garden this year. It's not a very big garden. Well, it depends on what you compare it to. Our lot is 100' X 150' and our garden is 30' X 40'.

It's been a while since we have had a garden of any size (unless you count the tomatoes in pots on the deck last year), so it has been a learning experience for all of us......to say the least :)

We have shared the work--plowing, planting, weeding, watering, picking, canning, freezing, cooking, and eating. Some of us have helped with some things more than others.....(Some, who shall remain nameless, seem to only show up on the "eating" part :)

As I said, it's been a learning experience. Remembering some things from childhood and learning some new things about gardening, but, for some reason, I have been learning a lot of "life lessons" from our garden.

The parable of the sower comes to mind right away...and them there's "give and it will be given.." and many more.

I hope to be sharing what "practical" and "life" lessons I've learned in the next week or two, along with some pictures, but for now I will just say that our garden has been a blessing to our family and is helping us to "grow"(no pun intended).

LOVE GRAMMY<><

No comments: