Welcome, Friend!
I so blessed that you stopped by for a visit! Make yourself at home.
My goal is to share some "Words of Wisdom"with you and I hope you will share with me by leaving a comment.
Blessings to you from Grammy!

Friday, August 21, 2009

I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN


"...Yes, I'm back in the saddle again"......
I LOVE saving money with coupons, but this has been a very busy summer and I've kind of been slacking. I still search for the deals and use coupons, but just not to the extent that I use to.
Then, one day last week, a friend of mine posted on Facebook how she had saved 52% at Kroger (that's where I do most of my grocery shopping). That really inspired me...and, of course,
THE CHALLENGE WAS ON!
Sooooo, I clipped, sorted, organized, ALL my coupons...Looked at my favorite blogs to get my deal list and I was off!

First, at Kroger, I got $220.00 worth of groceries for $120.00. That's a savings of $103.00! or 46% !! I know it isn't the 52% that my friend saved, but it sure felt good--and saving $103.00 is like making $103.00--not bad for @5 hours work. ( It took a little longer because I was behind on my clipping etc.)


OK, now on to K-Mart! I got $52.00 worth of stuff there for $7.50. That's a savings of $44.50! or 86% !!
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!
(Oh, and BTW, $2.48 of the $7.50 was tax! )

I had to work a little harder for this savings because I was with my friend and her 3 little ones--but on the other hand, where can you go for a day out with some favorite friends and have all the fun and fellowship a person can handle for $10.29 (We met at Mc Donalds Playland beforehand and let the kids play while we got our coupons and list ready...Lunch-$2.79)
There's more, but I'm saving it for later blog about "BARTERING".
Sooo, I'm looking..... for the...uhh......yes......here it is.....
I found it.....my ol' crown.......
OK.....let me....just......put it on......There.....That's better!!

THE COUPON QUEEN IS BACK!


It's just like riding a bike (or a horse)....
(or maybe a shopping cart)




...."Yes, I'm back in the saddle again"....

LOVE GRAMMY<><

No comments: