Welcome, Friend!
I so blessed that you stopped by for a visit! Make yourself at home.
My goal is to share some "Words of Wisdom"with you and I hope you will share with me by leaving a comment.
Blessings to you from Grammy!

Monday, May 18, 2009

"THINGS DIDN'T GO QUITE AS PLANNED"

I was just sitting here, on this beautiful (but chilly) Monday morning, pondering last weekend.

On Friday, I blogged about "MY LIST OF MONEY MAKING MAKING LISTS" in which I gave a "How-To" lesson in how my "LISTS" help me stay organized and make my "MONEY SAVING JOB" easier and faster.

Then Saturday morning started with a call from one of my daughters asking me if I could watch her three little ones while she did some shopping. "I need to go, too.", says I. "Why don't we "double team" them and go together?", says she. "Sounds like a plan", says I..... and away we go.

When you mix 3 small girlies (AKA Granddaughters), ages 7, 5, and 2 1/2 (and potty-training), to 5 different stores for about 6 hours....Things "DON'T ALWAYS GO QUITE AS PLANNED"

I forgot to mention that I also had to clean the bathrooms at my church...So..the plan was that my daughter would take my Walmart list with her a do Walmart for both of us while I took the girlies and some crayons and coloring books to church and did the bathrooms.

Speaking of bathrooms.......Do you know how many trips 3 little girlies can make to the "potty" in one day? Of course, carefully covering the seat with paper each and every time...(even at church after Grammy had just cleaned and disinfected the seat) because Mommy says they should...which is really a good rule. Rules are good. I like rules.

Also, on the subject of bathrooms......Do you know how long it can take a 7 year old perfectionist to get the paper "just right" on the seat?

We actually had a good trip---of course it was Saturday and a lot of things on my list were gone (especially the FREE things)

Here's my Savings Report:

1.I met another daughter at Logos Book Store(with the 3 girlies) to pick out a gift for a baby dedication: No big savings here but I stayed within the budget.

2.Walmart: My list was all Free items--I got 4 Buddy Bars (baby Soap)- FREE--they were out of the other items

3.Walgreens: All the FREE stuf was gone--I got ONE FREE toothbrush and some cheap Pepsi for my husband's lunch.

4.Meijer: Just went for the deals-I don't usually do Meijer (Another story for another day) I got--
10 boxes of Kellogg's cereal for $.80 each,
10 gallons of milk for $1.75 each (gotta have some milk for all that cereal),
3 jars of Miracle Whip- FREE (this was a big deal for me--my family won't eat any other brand),
2 packs of Nestles cookie dough for $.45 each,
and 2 loaves Aunt Millie's bread for $.49 each.
I saved @ 70%

5. Kroger: By now I was glad that I know Kroger so well and had my store "map", because Grammy was slowing down.
I did my "NEED" list here so I only saved @40%
(once you save over 50%, it's hard to settle for less)


With way more help than anyone could need or want, more trips to the "potty" than I could count, misplaced lists and coupons, and fighting frustration at missing "FREEBIES", we survived the day.

Not too bad for three tiny "helpers", one very patient Mama, and one VERY tired Grammy.

You know, things usually look pretty good on paper (like my MONEY SAVING LIST)but remember...Some days, things JUST DON'T GO AS PLANNED

LOVE,
GRAMMY<><

3 comments:

Kelli said...

You should put up a post about how you plan for your shopping trips. I've seen you in action, but don't understand what you do to prep :).

Love, K

nkygrammy said...

Thanks for the suggestion Kelli. I plan to share step by step very soon.
Loe,
Aunt Sharon<><

nkygrammy said...

Kelli,
I should've mentioned that I touched on my prep here http://avisitwithgrammy.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-list-of-my-money-saving-lists.html
Love (again),
Aunt Sharon<><