Welcome, Friend!
I so blessed that you stopped by for a visit! Make yourself at home.
My goal is to share some "Words of Wisdom"with you and I hope you will share with me by leaving a comment.
Blessings to you from Grammy!

Friday, May 15, 2009

MY LIST OF MY "MONEY SAVING LISTS"

In my struggle to stay organized, I always have at least one list handy. This habit comes in handy to save BIG TIME at the grocery, drug store, and other stores.
I have always used coupons, but I have been couponing seriously for about a year now. I have the following lists that help me with that:

1. MY KITCHEN INVENTORY LIST (A list of everything I might buy on a regular basis sorted by where it is kept...Pantry,Frig,Freezer,Laundry,Bathroom, etc.) It wasn't that hard to make it up..I just walked around writing things down.

2. MY "NEED" LIST (I try to jot things down as I run out of them and keep it on the frig...I hope I'm not the only one who is forgetful about this one)

3. MY "DEALS" LIST FROM MY BLOGGING FRIENDS AKA MY BLOG ROLL (I visit several of the blogs listed to the right and copy and paste any deals the sound good to me on a page, then I print it out or just jot them down.)

4. MY WEEKLY MENU LIST (This is not "written in stone" or even followed some weeks--I try to make it based on what's already on hand and just add ingredients that I need----my current trip will be for things that are on sale to stockpile for future meals---this way I can make the menu up ahead of time, before the store sale ad comes out.)

5. MY STORE "MAPS" ( This a list of everything that is in each aisle, sorted by aisles, at my favorite stores.)
Time spent making my "store maps"--about 1 hour at each store;
Time spent typing them up neatly--since my typing is bad and my spelling is worse--a little longer than making them ;);
Time and money saved when I'm shopping-- PRICELESS!!!

Now that I have my handy-dandy lists made, it's time to go to work!

1.I lay out all my lists and the sale flyer for the store I'm going to.
2.I use the "inventory" list to help me with the "need" list (because I sometimes forget to write things down...hummm..,
3.I check my "menu" list for items to add to my "need" list.
Now the fun really starts....really..
4.I make my "store" list (the one I take to the store) by using my store "map". I "mentally" go down each aisle, adding things from my "deals" list and my "need" list to my "store" list as I come to them and cross them off the other list.
5.I gather my coupons that I will use and next to each item on my "store" list, I make a note if there's a coupon and it's value.
(I will share lots more on couponing in future posts)
6.I head to the store, with my "store" list, my coupon binder (just in case), some envelopes (to put the coupons in as I get the items in my list, and my money (only what is in the "budget envelope" for that store)
7.I come home and put ALL my wonderful deals away and count up my savings.(I try to save 50% at the grocery and about 80% at the drug and discount stores)

I spend an average of 3-4 hours each week reading couponing blogs, gathering and clipping coupons, making lists, shopping, and putting things away. (I spend more time at home than the average person, but much less time at the store.)

I save an average of $120.00 a week on groceries, toiletries, and household products. THAT'S $30-$40 AN HOUR (Not bad for a Grammy;))

DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT NOT ONLY DID I SHARE MY "LIST OF LISTS", I "LISTED" HOW I USED THEM TO SAVE MONEY......I THINK I NEED HELP!!!.....MAYBE I COULD JOIN "LIST MAKERS ANONYMOUS"....
I GUESS I'LL GO SEE IF ONE IS "LISTED" IN THE PHONE BOOK.....;)


LOVE GRAMMY <><

No comments: